With this Agile Project Management training course, you’ll earn 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs) towards your PMI-ACP® or PMP® Certification or maintenance of your PMP® credentials.
Next Training: March 29 & 30, 2017 8:30am – 5:00pm
Course Fee: $1,495 (CAD) plus GST per participant
Course Length: 2 Days
Ideal for: This course is designed for Project Managers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Team Leads, Development Managers and Directors of IT.
Agile development can generate exceptional ROI, business satisfaction and quality systems. As a result, Agile Project Management is being adopted by more and more organizations looking to accelerate project delivery and reduce risks and delays.
- Applying agile concepts, principles, and methodologies
- How to apply and integrate agile frameworks, such as Scrum
- Using agile to adapt quickly to changing project demands and requirements
Learning Objectives & Approach
This course brings the latest Agile project management techniques and best practices together with many examples, practical exercises and group discussions.
You will learn and practice techniques and approaches for Agile development that can be successfully integrated into managing your projects. Whether you’re about to try an Agile approach such as Scrum, Kanban or XP for the first time, or you already have a portfolio of Agile projects under your belt, this course will equip you to link Agile development to disciplined project management.
This two-day course is approximately 50% lecture and 50% practical exercises. These hands-on exercises focus on learning and applying the skills needed to successfully manage and deliver with Agile.
The following topics are learned through lectures, group projects and exercises:
- Fundamentals of Agile
- Activities and workflows that are common to Scrum, Kanban and XP methodologies
- Management of Project Envisioning, Releases and Sprints with Agile
- Managing with Kanban
- Managing multiple releases with Kanban
- User Story creation and management
- Release and Sprint planning
- Use of Velocity metric to help your team
- Reporting techniques and feedback mechanisms
Have questions about registering? Please send us a note, we can answer any questions or help with your registration.