With this Lean Kanban Immersion course, you’ll earn 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) towards your PMI-ACP® or PMP® Certification or maintenance of your PMP® credentials.
Next Training: TBD 8:30am – 4:30pm
Course Fee: $1,495 (CAD) plus GST per participant
Course Length: 2 Days
Ideal for: Anyone involved with software development process
Lean principles of continuous improvement and waste elimination have become staples throughout organizations and across industries. Kanban is a popular way of visualizing work in a lean environment and has taken on new meaning in the software development community.
- Identify the characteristics of lean and Kanban as they relate to software
- Learn how to leverage Kanban to identify bottlenecks and improve process
- Understand the difference between theory and actionable practices
Learning Objectives and Approach
This is a fun, interactive two-day instructor-led course introducing lean thinking and Kanban and how it applies to software development. It will be compared with popular agile practices, such as Scrum. The class will then explore how Kanban can be used in conjunction with existing processes in order to make it a more seamless transition. This will all be done with a balance of discussions, exercises, and a Kanban simulation.
- Understand the history of lean thinking
- Identify the 7 types of waste and how they correspond to software development
- Understand the core agile values and how they relate to lean
- Distinguish between theory and actionable practices
- Identify the characteristics of Scrum
- Identify the characteristics of (k)anban and (K)anban as it relates to software
- Leverage Kanban to identify bottlenecks and improve an existing process
- Map a Value Stream
- Establish Work In Progress (WIP) limits
- Plan for releases using Kanban
- Report status and track progress
- Apply common cadences (Daily Meetings, Reviews, Retrospectives, Planning, etc)
- Create a visual Kanban board
- Avoid common traps and pitfalls
Have questions about registering? Please send us a note, we can answer any questions or help with your registration.
PMI-ACP and PMP® are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.